So what’s the deal with sugar? Is it really as addictive as it’s made out to be? What does it do to children other than just rev them up a bit? Can it really be that bad?
These questions and more are answered in this fabulous article “How to teach your kids about sugar” published to the Washington Post by Casey Seidenberg, co-founder of Nourish Schools, a D.C.-based nutrition education company. Some of the questions she tackles:
- Why do I like sugar so much?
- What actually happens to my body when I eat sugar?
- What short- and long-term effects does it have?
- Will a little sugar hurt me?
- How does sugar make me fat?
- And what can I do about it?